The University of California, Berkeley is pleased to announce the Pre-Dissertation Research Grant. This grant is open for Ph.D. international students who have not yet advanced to candidacy by 15 August 2019.
The Institute’s mission to support international and comparative research students at UC Berkeley, projects should be international and/or comparative in nature, and/or related to the study of languages, and/or involve substantial research outside of the United States.
Berkeley has overall 40,000 students in around 350 undergraduate and graduate degree programs covering several disciplines. It provides 106 Bachelor’s degrees, 88 Master’s degrees, 97 research-focused doctoral programs and 31 professionally degrees.
- Applications Deadline: Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
- Course Level: PhD
- Study Subject: Doctoral programs
- Scholarship Award: Up to $5000.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in all countries around the world
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible candidate’s following minimum qualifications:
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students who have not yet advanced to candidacy by 08/15/2019.
- Preference will be given to international students who cannot apply for other sources of funding within the United States.
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students at the International level.
- Entrance Requirements: Students should submit the following materials in support of their application:
- A 2-page description of the proposed research
- An unofficial UC Berkeley transcript
- A one-page travel budget
Applications must be submitted by an online system.
How to Apply:
Each application must also include the following, submitted by Tuesday, February 19, 2019: